Dr. Sauer & Partners Ltd has a record of delivering high quality and innovative tunnel design solutions. We work efficiently with highly qualified and motivated team members.
Purpose of the role:
The SCL Site Engineer is an integral part of the SCL Design Representation team onsite and is required to provide full coverage of the SCL activities as part of the shift pattern thoughout the construction activity.
Responsibilities and duties:
The SCL Site Engineer will be responsible for the documentation of the Contractor’s detailed SCL site activities in Central London. They will be working in soft ground tunnelling [London Clay, Lambeth Group] and will be responsible for ensuring adequate monitoring and documentation of the SCL works.
The principal duties are:
- Assisting in the production of the RES-Sheet.
- Ensuring SCL works are in compliance with the deasign and the RES [Required Excavation Support] Sheet.
- Making regular inspection of SCL activities.
- Reviewing the Contractor’s SCL submissions, including technical requests and method statements.
- Participating in shotcrete early testing procedures.
- Creating daily / weekly SCL reports of SCL activities.
- Inputting photos, reports, test results into a tunnel information database tool
- Documenting the implementation and usage of toolbox items.
- Attending Shift Review Group meetings, RES meeting.
- Internal design review for constructability advice.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Working experience of at least two SCL/NATM tunnel construction projects (construction or supervision)
- Experience in SCL tunnel design.
- Good understanding of the structural behaviour and theory of SCL tunnelling.
- Good representation, organisation and communication skills.
- Good report writing skills [MS Office, CAD] and excellent written and spoken English skills.
Please submit your application and resume to our London office: