Job Title: Support Tunnel Engineer
Reporting to: Senior Tunnel Engineer
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Toronto / GTA; Eligible to work in Canada
Dr. G. Sauer & Partners Corporation (DSP) has a record of delivering high quality and innovative tunnel design solutions for public and private underground infrastructure. We deliver under tight programme controls by working efficiently with highly qualified and motivated team members.
Purpose of the role:
The Support Tunnel Engineer is an integral part of the tunnel design and engineering team and is required to carry out a number of diverse engineering tasks, supporting the Senior Tunnel Engineer and working with peers and CAD resources
Responsibilities and duties:
The Support Tunnel Engineer will be involved in the timely production of key deliverables from design, drawings and analyses in pre-set timeframes with supervision from our various senior team members. There will be involvement in the tendering process of future key tunnel projects in Canada. For these tasks he/she may be working directly with and for the Partners of DSP. The principal duties are:
- Researching in to ground conditions and rock and soil parameters.
- Early development of excavation sequences.
- Setting up 2D FE models and design sketches [CAD].
- Initial ground support design and final lining design using structural analysis.
- Producing CAD sketches for the communication of the design principles with the CAD team.
- Developing Bill of Quantities, design and construction programmes, resource schedules and other support documents.
- Empirical tunnel design and settlement assessment analysis.
- Adherence to personal and company wide quality standards.
- Participate and embrace Dr. G. Sauer & Partners quality control procedures such as ISO 9001:2015 and the Quality Management Plan.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Thorough knowledge of the structural design of tunnels and underground structures.
- Basic understanding of geotechnical engineering and settlement analysis.
- Knowledge of national design standards.
- Experience of FE Analyses, calculation reports and production of design documents.
- Excellent English and French language, representation, organisation and communication skills.
- Experience of 2D and 3D Finite Element (FE) Modelling.
- Experience in drawing production in AutoCAD and Microstation.
Qualifications and Experience advantageous:
- Experience of at least one tunnel construction and / or design project.
- Experience in SEM/NATM design, engineering and /or construction.
- Experience in Live Cycle Design.
Please submit your application and resume to our Washington Office: